Board of Education seeking member to fill vacant city seat
The Bordentown Regional Board of Education is accepting resumes and letters of interest to fill a vacancy representing Bordentown City.
The term expires on Dec. 31, 2015. Only applicants who are residents of Bordentown City can be considered. The legal requirements for board membership are as follows:
• Be able to read and write
• Hold U.S. citizenship and one year’s residency in the school district
• Be registered to vote in the district before filing the nominating petition
• Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the board
• Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body or, in the case of county school districts, the county governing body
• Not simultaneously hold two elective offices
• Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes
(Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the state Department of Education.)
Please submit your letters and resumes to Mr. Eloi Richardson, CPA–Board Secretary, at 318 Ward Ave., Bordentown, NJ 08505 by 4 p.m. Feb. 11.