BCLS set to host Maker Camp
Kids and teens interested in making, creating, crafting, hacking, tinkering and discovery are invited to participate online and by joining the BCLS-hosted events that will be scheduled at all library locations. The camp will give participants the opportunity to work with professionals while collaborating with young inventors and artists from around the world.
The Maker Camp themes will include:
- Fantasy (July 6–10) - "Make: believe" with the magic behind the movies, ending with a Maker Camp Film Fest.
- Funkytown (July 13–17) - Make some instruments, and then make some noise in the Maker Camp Battle of the Bands.
- Farmstead (July 20–24) - Explore technologies dealing with sustainable energy, food and architecture that bridge across centuries to Hack the Hoedown.
- Fun & Games (July 27–31) - Time to roll out the fun with games that kids make themselves, then challenge their friends with a Maker Camp Carnival.
- Flight (August 3–7) - Take off in this make-off of all things that zip and zoom above campers' heads, culminating in the Maker Camp Air Show.
- Far-Out Future (August 10–14) - Step into the future with personal fab projects using new materials, and strut shiny stuff in a Far-Out Fashion Show.